What Jesus Said
- John 3:3,7 – Jesus answered and said to him (Nicodemus), “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the Kingdom of God.” “Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’”
- Jesus himself said that the only requirement to the Kingdom of God which includes heaven is being born again. There is no other way.
In the Beginning
- Gen. 1:26-31 – We are created in the image of God. God is a three-part being: Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.
- 1 Thess 5:23 – We are a three-part being: spirit, soul, body.
- Gen. 2:15-25, Ps 8:5-6 – We were given dominion (authority) in the earth.
- We were clothed in God’s glory.
- In order for God’s power to be manifest in the earth, it must come through the authority of a human being, because God gave authority in the earth to mankind.
- Gen. 2:28 – We were told to be fruitful and multiply.
- We were given the privilege and responsibility to create beings after our own kind.
- One with God, just like Adam.
Satan Comes to Steal the Word
- Gen 2:16-17 – And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, “Of everything of the garden you may freely eat; but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die.”
- Gen 3:1-5 – Satan questions the Word God spoke to them and then presented the lie, “You won’t really die.”
- The Hebrew in Gen 2:7 tells us that, when God breathed into Adam, He breathed the breath of lives (plural). It was the Life of God breathed into the spirit man that produced physical life.
- Definition of death is separation.
- What God had said in Gen 2:16-17 was that, if you eat of the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil, you will separate from Me (spiritual death), and that will cause you to separate from your body (physical death).
- Rom 6:16 – Because Adam and Eve submitted themselves to Satan by obeying him instead of God, they became slaves of Satan, or children of the devil (John 8:44).
- Find a man to enter into a covenant with.
- God can only function in the earth with “man’s permission,” thus the need for a covenant.
- A covenant relationship says, “I will give you all I am and all I have, and you give me all you are and all you have.”
- What I’m willing to do, you must be willing to do.
- Gen 15, 16, 17, 22 – God finds Abraham to covenant with.
- In this relationship, Abraham is willing to sacrifice his only son.
- Opens the door to allow God to sacrifice His Son.
- Luke 1:26-38 – God brings forth His son through Mary.
- “Be it done unto me according to your Word,” is a covenant relationship statement.
- God, in the form of a man, is born to the earth.
- Jesus fulfills the prophecy of Isaiah 53 in paying the price for sin. Once, for all mankind; once, for all time. (Heb 10:18, 26)
- Jesus bought us back.
- 2 Cor 5:17 – Whoever accepts the sacrifice of Jesus and makes Him Lord is a new creation. All the old passes away and all things become new. They are born again.
- Back into the place Adam held originally with God.
- Passed from death to life.
- Once again, we have the nature of God, the glory of God, and dominion in the earth (over ourselves and Satan). We are children of God.
How Do I Get Born Again?
- Rom 10:9 – Confess with your mouth Jesus as your Lord, and believe in your heart God raised Him from the dead (for you!!!).
Father, I come to you in the Name of Jesus. I ask you to forgive all my sin. Jesus, as an act of my will, I make you Lord of my life. I believe God raised you from the dead for me. I will serve you all the days of my life. Satan, I renounce you and tell you in Jesus’ Name you no longer have any authority in my life. Thank you, Father. I am now a born again child of God. Amen